Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Da Darling

It was a busy week last week. Mark worked close to 100 hours because he had a week of nights.  Those are always intense weeks because he of course is working so much, but I also want to keep the house as quiet as possible so he can sleep during the day.  So, we try to be gone for much of the day and come home to squeeze in a nap for Mr. W.  During one of theese quiet moments this week I thought I would just close my eyes for a minute while I was sitting on the couch.  Master W was asleep in his crib and I had just finished reading books to Miss R.  It felt so good to rest and the Sweetest Darling is so good at quietly busying herself that I couldn't help it.  After a short rest and then rousing myself, I walked over to the desk where she was just behind me.  I saw that she had cut the birthday check Mom H had sent into tiny little peices. I said, "Oh no Rach, what did you do?"

"Don't worry," she reassured me. "I am making more money."

No comments: