Monday, August 26, 2013

Canoeing on the Brandwine River


It was a lovely day of canoeing on the Brandywine.  I have been trying to think of all of the things that I would like to do with our last week of summer.  I was reminded of canoeing because Master I recently retold me, with vivid details and a huge smile on his face, the story of a time Mark took him out on a canoe at Island Park.  I was amazed that such a simple act had such meaning for him.  I love activities like this.  I love nature and I want to be in it all day.  I love exercise.  I love spending the day with my family--talking, making memories, making them happy.  Hiking is this for me.  A day at the beach is this for me.  I really wanted to do this all as a family, but the company that we did it through doesn't allow children under 5 on the river.  So I set it up for father and son.  Mark asked if I wanted to do it.  I told him that I would love to, but I wanted them to do it even more because I have already made a lot of memories with Master I this summer.  I believe that I had the most fun of everyone.  I loved imagining the enjoyment that they were having.  I loved seeing Master I's happy face.  Trying to catch a glimpse of the action, the 2 younger kids and I went to the starting point on the river, two different stopping points, and then the final take out point.  We ran along the river trail looking for them and then stopped to play in the river at a different point.  So I even got my day in nature, with exercise, and having fun with children.  










No comments: