Sunday, September 29, 2013

Yum

Mister Twister has a new nickname that he has given himself.  He can't pronounce his own name.  When people ask him what his name is he says, "Yum."

My favorite Rachie quote was the definition of gunk, "Gunk is something really yucky that can take any shape.  Like even a line or different shape like a wildebeest.  Boogers are gunk with bumps in it."

Miss R got a cold but didn't know how to describe what she was experience.  She said, "Mom, I have an allergy caught in my nose."

I don't think that Miss R was meant for soccer.  We asked her hesitantly if she would like to participate when the opportunity came to play town soccer.  We didn't want to prejudge her and say that she wasn't athletic because she was a girl.  I had the sense that it wasn't going to be her thing, but I told myself not to decide what kind of person she was going to be.  It has proven to be a total disaster.  She wants to wear her princess dress-ups to go play.  At first she tried to play.  Now she just hangs her head and stands out on the field.  Last week Master I was telling her to go back out and play.  Mark was working and Master I seemed to instinctively step in to his shoes.  He went up to Miss R and said, "You have to go out there and play!  We paid money for you to be able to play."

I whispered to Master I just like I would have whispered to Mark, "Well, she is sick."

Master I said to me in exasperation, "I would go out with bloody feet and I would play!"

  Her younger brother tries to encourage her in his halting English he yelled, "GET BALL!"When she was on the sidelines he put his arm around her.

It is all to no avail.  At this point we are just trying to teach her what our parents taught us...finish what you started.

Yum is totally potty trained.  He really learned this summer.  He hated wearing clothes and that is really how he learned.  If I go into the restroom while he is doing his business he yells at me, "Move!"

I try to stay out of doors as much as possible.  I do this for two reasons. 1.) I love the fall weather and I love to be outside. 2.) I have found that whenever I am in the house trying to get things done Twister and Miss R are wrecking havoc in another area.  I can't keep up with the disaster. I get the house clean and I hurriedly get everyone out.  Twister broke the computer last week.  The only thing I can have them do that won't cause a disaster is to watch a movie and i don't like to do that too much.

Master I continues to be a great companion and friend, but as strong-willed and freedom loving as ever.  Today he told me, "I can't wait until I can say no to you.  When I am 18 and I come home from college you will ask me if I will do the dishes and I will just look at you and say, "No."

About a month ago he was trying to express to me he frustration about the lack of freedom he experiences as a child using a chess analogy.  He said, "I feel like I am in a desperate situation and I want to use the Queen, but I am just a Rook.  And I want to take over the King.  I am a Rook and I can put the King in checkmate if I can only use someone else's moves.  But I can't because I am a Rook."

I think what mostly makes him feel this way is when he argues with me.  I try very hard not to argue with him.   I tell him a line I learned from Love and Logic, "I love you too much to argue with you."  He finds this infuriating.  I am still trying to learn the fine dance of not arguing and having contention, but being firm in my expectations.



No comments: