Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Twister.  With Master I  when I heard the hillarious things he told me I knew that i had to record them.  Like when he put on his new clothes I bought him for kindergarten and he looked out the window of our 13th story apartment over the Salt Lake Valley with his hands on his hips he nodded his head and told me, "I feel like I am king over all of this."  That was one of those moments that I laughed to myself and thought that I couldn't believe this was happening.  With Miss R I witnessed sweet things that I wanted to photograph in my memory like seeing her lovingly care for her baby dolls or seeing her hide from people she doesn't know in the shower and eventually falling asleep.  But with Twister it is his craziness that I feel I must record.  I frequently feel that I can't believe this is happening to me.  Just this morning we have had more of those moments.  He told me he needed to go poopy.  I helped him get situated, then following his ritual he looked at me and said, "Get my way!"  That means get out of my way or go away.  He wants his privacy. I try to time my absence well, but when I came back he was swishing his toothbrush in his recent work.  We threw away another toothbrush, cleaned-up,  and then I told him to put his clothes back on.  I left for just a moment.  When I got back he had somehow climbed into the sink and had opened the medicine cabinet and was trying to opening the flouride bottle.  I am sure that I had a look of horror and disbelief on my face when I saw him and said his name.  He tried to reassure me by saying, "Juuuuuust one."

No comments: