Sunday, September 2, 2018

More Precious than Gold

So, as I was getting ready for church this morning William asked me a question that I have been thinking about all day.

William:  "Mom, why are jewels so valuable? Why do people pay so much money for them?"

My words:  "I guess because humans value what is rare."

My thoughts:  What is the most rare and valuable commodity?  Wouldn't it be a happy family life? How can that even compare to a diamond?  What could bring your more happiness than a happy family? Interestingly, this goal is in reach to even the poorest, most obscure among us.  It frequently eludes the rich and famous.   We can  have that happiness as we fill our lives with love, suppress selfishness, practice self-discipline when we feel impatient, laugh, and love God.

I am so happy to say that i have had so many happy moments since moving to Vancouver.  The kids have gotten along better than they have in years.  I was so afraid that Isaiah would find our life quite dull without any kids his age. Surprisingly, he has been so willing to go along with walks in the forest and has introduced games to play as a family.   I have loved connecting with him and being his friend.

In general, it has been nice to focus more on my kids.  I have really appreciated Mark's help with task I would like to accomplish. Pulling off a family outing or  projects like unpacking the house or getting the kids ready for school are so much easier with a partner.  I feel like my kids seem happier, healthier and better adjusted.  I am having a lot of fun in this gorgeous setting. I love focusing on helping Isaiah to be successful in school with Mark.  I think it is going to be a great year

No comments: