Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Jolly's Cranberry Apple Harvest Salad

Dressing

2 tsp dry mustard (I have never owned this so I just use the bright yellow French's stuff from the fridge that is also used on hotdogs)
2 tsp salt
2/3 Cup apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 Cup sugar

Mix these ingredients. Then slowly add in:

2 Cups canola oil (I think that I just mixed it all together with an immersion blender until it was nice and smooth. )

Add:

3 Tablespoons Poppyseeds

Salad:
Romaine lettuce
dressing
feta cheese
celery
apples
cranberries
candied nuts

Candied Nut recipe
4 C pecan halves
1 egg white
1 T water

1 Cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon

Beat egg and water until frothy
coat nuts with mixture
and sugar mixture
grease baking sheet
cook at 300 for 1 hour turning every 15 minutes

(I think that I actually cooked them for 30 minutes because they smelled done. Think of it like baking a cookie. :) And I think that i actually used 2 cups of walnuts because that is what I had.)

No comments: