Monday, December 12, 2011

Gluten Free for Man???




So, Master W was seen by the Allergist again last Friday. They determined that his milk allergy is more severe than they thought at his first visit. The test results also show that he is allergic to tomatoes. This was from the skin test. We are still awaiting the additional blood work that they did.

Unknowingly, I was also doing my own clinical trials in our kitchen today. I gave him a little piece of homemade wheat bread not thinking anything of it. But, he had a reaction to that today. He broke out into hives and has been pretty miserable ever since. So, I suspect that he is allergic to wheat. Though Mark and I joke that he could be allergic to the salt or the water in the bread that I made.

Gluten-free for Man doesn't have quite the same ring to it as wheat for man.

I can't seem to wrap my mind around what on Earth I am going to prepare for my family for dinner as he starts to eat with us at the table. I would really like to prepare one meal for our family for ease for me and for Master W to not feel excluded. Ideas anyone?

No comments: