Thursday, January 5, 2012

Da Sweetest Darling

Here is an update on the life of a little girl.

We went to visit Granny to love her and so that she could love us. She helped me finish a quilt that I have been making for Mark for the past two years. The quilt has different pictures stitched together with fabric that represent the first ten years of our marriage.



Here she is playing house with her brothers. Master I, a full five years older than her, is the baby. Either he got way too used to nurturing in those first five years or she is just a master nurturer.


My parents came for Master I's baptism. When they arrived the brought an entire bag full of Lake Tahoe books. This is her favorite place. I found it so amusing that she loved being read these adult picture books of Tahoe. My parents left a couple of days ago. She was very sad to see them go. She said in dismay, "They are going to my Tahoe?" then she cried as she watched their car leave.



Master I's baptism was one of the sweetest experiences of my life. Miss R could sense that it was special, but instead of responding with reverence, she was wired and took center stage. It was like she thought that her grandparents and parents, who were sitting quietly listening to the music before the baptismal service to begin, were there to see her perform. And perform she did. She got up in front and said, "Guys, I am going to teach you a lesson." She then pointed to each person and said, "You're a child of God and you're a child of God and you're a child of God." She said many other things that I wish that I would have recorded in the moment so that I would have remembered. The only other thing that I remember he talking about was the painting on the wall of the Savior. She was talking about how Jesus was modest and so was the baby. It was hilarious.

My dad loved it. He turned to me and said, "She's wired." Miss R promptly went over to him and said, "Shh. You have to be quiet. I am teaching a lesson."

In my defense, I was trying to persuade her to come sit by me and not make a scene. When I could see that it wasn't working I stood up to get her and make her sit by me. She then ran away from me in a circle around the room trying to get away from me yelling, "NO!" So much for not making a scene. I was glad that it was just family there.



She is there to be enjoyed if we take the time to enjoy her. This is my New Year's resolution--play with and enjoy her.



Today she couldn't fall asleep during nap time and started crying. I whisked her outside on our porch, that is off of our bedroom, to try to avoid her waking up her younger brother. She blamed the fact that she wasn't sleeping on not being able to close her eyes and not having any beesh (binky). We decided to enjoy the winter sun on the porch because it is 46 degrees in SLC today! I love it and so does she. She said, "It's warms." I started to laugh and kiss her neck and she thought I was too slobbery. She said, "Don't suck on me! You think I am a snack? I'm not a snack. You can't eat hair. It gets ruined."

She loved this dog that my cousin got for Christmas. It melted my heart to see her enjoy, pet, and nurture this little Pomeranian. That strong feeling in my heart as I watched her joy made me wish that I could indulge and buy her one. Sometimes money being restrained by money is a very good thing, because I don't want dog hair in our house.





She has been loving the Letter Factory movie. She calls it her letters. She now knows all the letters and their sounds.

As always, what touches me most about her is her mother heart. The other day she very gently touched me and sympathetically said, "You got sick? Your tummy got rumbled?"

She was borrowing a phrase from Pooh Bear, "I'm so rumbly in my tumbly."

No comments: