Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy Birthday






Eventhough we already celebrated Master I's birtday earlier in the month, we couldn't let the day go by without celebrating so we had presents, fun activities, and a breakfast cake with candles for breakfast. Mark said this was the last year that we were going to celebrate any other day except for the actual day of birth because we always just celebrate twice when we do it that way.

We also got to be with Mark's mom for her birthday. I lover her. I consider her to be one of my best friends.

This is my last post of the Christmas break activities. My journaling about these activites made me feel so relieved. I felt like, "I did it!" We did Master I's classroom party, we pulled off our Christmas Eve family party, we gave some of our old toys to friends, we got the presents for everyone to make for a magical Christmas Day, we celebrated birthdays, we cleaned the house, we welcome family to visit us, we did the Christmas Day Sacrament Meeting program, we did Master I's baptism, we celebrated New Year's. It was challenging to do these things in addition to the regular cooking, cleaning, and nurturing of everyday life. But, I believe in all of this work. This is my job; these are my projects. The words that have come into my mind were from the General Relief Society President Julie Beck, "Families mean work, but they are our great work--and we are not afraid of work."

Of course right after I was finished typing this Master I came in and asked me a question to test me.

Master I: "You know that canteloupe that you cut up and put in that bowl. Did you need it for anything, because I just had a little of it."

Me: "Yah. It's for dinner so don't eat any more ok?"

Master I: "I ate it all."

Me: "You ate the whole canteloupe?"

Master I: "Just what was in that bowl."

Me: "That was the whole canteloupe."

Nevermind that I already gave him popcorn and a cut up mango for his snack. That homework can really cause hunger I guess.

No comments: