Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I Hope to Laugh Someday at all of This

When I went to go help Rachel brush her hair this morning I noticed she had spots of white in it and where it was previously smooth it was now snarled and tangled. When I tried to brush her hair I asked her what she had gotten into it. She told me that she didn't put anything in it. I said it look like toothpaste. And then she told me that William had brushed her hair. I remembered how he had asked me for more toothpaste on his toothbrush and to be able to brush his teeth by himself. In his wandering while he was brushing his teeth he must have decided to start brushing Rachels hair. I saw his little, yellow, Winnie the Pooh toothbrush discarded on the ground and thought how gross it was. And  I wondered if I should just throw it away. I wasn't laughing then, but I write these things in the hopes that one day I will be able to laugh at them.

Yesterday I took the kids to the library.  It is a small town library that is the heart of the community. They call me their "best customer" and I always recognize about half of the patrons in the library from people I know or see a lot in town. It is not a place where one can do something embarrassing and be anonymous. This is the curse and the blessing of a small town.  The library has a children's section which is just the law. Isaiah asked for me to go look for a book for him and I told him that I would, but that he would have to watch twister on the loft level while I was around the corner in the main level. After a short month while I heard him tell me that he needed my help. I asked him what he needed. He told me that Twister was being crazy. I told him to put was to on his lap until I got up there. I looked for one moment longer and then started to walk up the stairs when I saw twister emerged from the come corner completely nude!
He had a huge smile on his face and for that matter, so did Master I.  We were the spectacle of the library that day. I rushed upstairs to see a pile of clothes next to a wet puddle on the ground. I learned that he had an accident and then quickly took off the wet clothes. There are challenges to potty training so young that they don't developmentally get other things... Like clothes.

Twister loves his brother and sister and hates being separated from them. When we dropped off Master I for school today he scowled and protested saying," I wuv Yeayuh!"

I was talking summer with I





No comments: