Tuesday, October 1, 2013

My Twister moment of the day:  After I am done brushing his teeth he wants to do it for himself.  He is doing great, but then I see him headed towards the toilet.  I yell, "Noooo!"  But it is too late.  He swishes his toothbrush in the toilet like it was a toilet brush and then puts in in his mouth and makes slurping noises.   I sigh, discouraged that I wasn't able to prevent the disaster, and then I take the toothbrush and then he runs to the bedroom.  It's like he knows what he did was naughty, but he can't help himself.

Master I began his basketball clinic tonight.  I was amazed to see him playing so well.  He plays as a nine year old much better than I have ever been able to play.  I love watching him play.  I remember watching him play as a 6 year old and feeling that it was a painful experience.  He didn't know how to play, he wanted to be so good, and I didn't know how to teach him.  I am so grateful for the hours Mark has spent teaching him and the basketball camps that he insisted that we let Master I do.

No comments: