Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"You are the trip I did not take; You are the pearls I cannot buy; You are my blue Italian lake; You are my piece of foreign sky." Anne Campbell



Miss R's cute words: "Tell me a dory (story) about Chrismas (Christopher) Robin."
"I wanna rubber (granola) bar."
"I wan some rola (homemade granola)."
"I miss my daddy! I need my daddy!"

Miss R's not so cute thing that she does: Makes messes. I have seen her get a contemplative, far-away look in her eye and smear oatmeal all accross her face. She is either possesed in those momonets or just fascinated with textures. She can't resist touching her food or drink and smearing it all over the table, herself, or the wall. When I was getting her out of our car the other day she was shaking the milk from her sippie all over her body. I think that everytime I have let her have a drink in the car she purposely spills it on herself. Why don't I learn?

Master I: He is thrilled with the prospect of his cousins coming to visit him this summer. Yesterday in the car he told me, "No one has ever had as much love as Jake and I do, right Mom?"

I had a hard day last Thursday. I was correcting my children a lot and felt very impatient. At the end of an exhausing day, after we put the kids to bed, I talked to Mark about it as we sat on the balcony off of our room. I felt discouraged mostly with my weakness because I felt like I couldn't handle the demands of motherhood without being impatient. Expressing this frusteration I cried to Mark, "I can't do it!"

Before Mark had a chance to respond I heard a voice coming from my bedroom say, "But Mom, you have been doing it for the past seven and a half years!" I didn't realize he was listening from my room until then. In his defense, I don't think he was intending to eavesdrop. We usually let him fall asleep in our bed because Miss R loves to play with him and make him laugh.

Prince W: His happiest time of day is in the morning. He coes and smiles when I make eye contact with him. If he is really happy he brings his feet up to his chest and pulls his head down to his shoulder at the same time.

Loves Hates
Being held all day Being put down
nursing When Mommy eats something with milk in it
sleeping by Mommy When Miss R pokes him
having eye contact with an admirer dirty diapers


He is much less fussy overall. He seems happy and interactive. But, he still loves to be held... in my arms while I work around the house, in the Bjorn while we are hiking, at my side while I sleeep, or on my lap between my out-stretched arms while I am typing at the computer (like right now).

So far the nickname for Prince W that has stuck is his name with an "s" at the end.

No comments: