Friday, June 24, 2011

Zion's National Park


Two angels on Earth--Mom H and Master W. Master W has truly become an angel lately. His grandparents were so impressed with how easy and happy he was. He gives me such joy when I look at him and he immediately smiles and makes noises. I feel he loves me and that makes me adore him!


Master I’s only sorrow was that he didn’t get to do the long hard hikes. He looks forward to the promised hikes of the Narrows, Angel’s Landing, and Observation Point. Much to Grandma's chagrin, Grandpa even commited to doing Angel's Landing with him.

Little Miss R terrorized her Dad in that backpack, making it hard for him to fully feast on these surroundings.


I loved having Mom and Dad H there. They got us into the park. They thought our kids were adorable and they truly made the trip fun for them. They babysat while M and I had our own little hike. And, as always, we had wonderful conversations with them along the way and at night in our hotel while the kids were sleeping.


M is taking a little break from Miss R and trying to contemplate the beauties of nature while he can. If only it were that easy! Somehow it is difficult to feel peaceful and enjoy nature when you say to yourself, “Ok, I have three minutes without a child screaming in my ear to fully enjoy this. 1, 2, 3...Go!”


Our family at the Emerald Pools

Master W loved this trip. He got to be held all day long in the upright position. What could be better than this!




Master I scrambling around the sandstone

M and my get away hike while the grandparents watched the kids

No comments: