Sunday, October 23, 2011

Another Week of Living the Dream









The kids and I went to the last ward conference today. This was the sixth time that I have drug my kids along with me so that I could do my calling and be with them in church at the same time. Every week the bishop of that ward speaks and the stake president visits that ward and gives his same talk. The theme is building your foundation on the Rock of our Redeemer (Heleman 5:12). I have rather enjoyed hearing different bishop's perspectives on the same theme. I have even enjoyed hearing the same talk given by the stake president. He emphasized different things each time and maybe it just takes me 6 times to get the message through my mind. Apparently, "Master I" didn't feel the same way. When the stake president was a couple of minutes in to his talk my boy turned to me very irritated and said, "Every week I go to Church I hear the same talk!" I didn't even know he was listening.

My hubbie worked nights at the hospital this week. It made for long hours for him and we couldn't keep the house quiet during the day, so we decided to take advantage of UEA weekend and visit our family down south. Mark would never complain about our noise and this has probably made me pity him all the more.

So, what did I do this week. I mostly held Baby W. Let's face it .... he can't sit if I am not there with him and my house doesn't really have spots for him to play on the ground. I breed tyrants.

I walked into R's room this morning. She loves to sleep and she was still tired from going to bed late last night. We have this thing that we say to each other when we are excited to see each other that I said to her to try to make her excited about the new day. I said, "You came to me?!"

In a very grumpy voice she said, "Don't! Don't talk about it!" Then she rolled over in her bed and tried to keep sleeping.

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

I loved ward conferences for all the same reasons you do. I'm so proud of "I" for listening. As far as hearing the same talk over and over again, get used to it "I" clearly we all need to hear it again :)

I might just steal your greeting! I love it.