Friday, October 7, 2011

A Desire to be a Presider

Master I: "Mom, why do daddies go to work and mommies stay home?"

Me: "Because the Proclamation on the Family teaches us that a mommy is primarily responsible for the nurture of her children. That means taking care of, teaching, and loving children."

Master I: "Oh, but a daddy does that too right?"

Me: "Yes. Mommies and daddies are equal partners. But the Proclamation on the Family also teaches that a daddy is responsible to provide, preside, and protect. Providing means earning money and presiding means chosing who says the prayer and stuff."

Master I: "That sounds really fun!"

Me: "What sounds fun?"

Master I: "Presiding!"

2 comments:

A Roper said...

You are such an awesome mother! When my kids ask why daddy goes to work, I tell them "so he can make money." Your explanation is SO MUCH BETTER! I need to be more like you!

Love you!
Amy

Sherrie said...

As the nurturer, don't you think you make enough decisions? Every year for my birthday all I want for the day is to NOT make decisions.

I'm so grateful someone other than me is asking people to pray, calling the children to scriptures and starting FHE. I'm also grateful that the person in making the call is my best friend, it's a great working relationship.