Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Look Who is Sitting!



Ok, so he is seven months old now, but I am still so proud. I have held him a lot in the past three months so he hasn't go a chance to work on his skills. Don't be deceived by that charasmatic smile. He was diagnosed with severe food allergies at four months old. It has been a very rough road. Now that we have got under control what I can eat (because he has reactions to what I am eating) we have started him on solids. He has had two severe reactions in the past week where he broke out into hives and his face turned white. All the while he is screaming and I think it is stomach pain. The hives can be on his insides as well. Once his lips turned blue. I have learned that I can't let this baby cry because he could be having a reaction and that I need to take my epipen and benadryl whereever I go. The reactions have been to tomato soup. The ingredient list appeared kosher, but the reaction was severe. The pediatrician suggested not giving him any processed foods. The second reaction was from a teething biscuit. I didn' think to check the indregients. I don't know why. There was whey in it that comes from milk. The reaction was qutie severe. My non-alarmist husband asked me, "What can we do to make sure that this never happens again? We can't do this. This is a life threatening mistake." Allergies...living the dream.

No comments: