Monday, May 21, 2012

Molases Crinkles aka Gingersnaps



My husband grew up loving gingersnaps. In their family the cookie was affectionately called "molasses crinkles." I love cookies. They are probably my favorite dessert. But, I am very picky. They should be soft and chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside. They shouldn't be flat, but they shouldn't be so puffy they resembe a ball either. They must be thick.  It must be the type of cookie that bakeries get away with charging two dollars for.  After making these cookies many times I have come up with a recipe that fits my requirements. My husband was quite pleased.

 Please note that the inside is underdone while the outside is crisp.

1 1/2 Cups of Butter or Margarine
1 Cup brown sugar
1 Cup White sugar
1 Cup molasses
3 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp cloves
2-3 tsp ginger
2 tsp cinnamon
4 tsp baking soda
6 Cups flour

Mix. Refridgerate dough.  Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes depending on size


No comments: