Sunday, November 20, 2011

Born to Nurture







A little ridiculous , I know, to have all of these pictures of my little girl playing. I couldn't help myself. I wanted to remember as much as possible what it was like to watch her play with her babies. She is so nurturing. It touches the deepest place in my heart.

She is even nurturing to me. The other day I lay down by her on my bed to try to get her to sleep for her nap. She loves when I do that. She paid me with a slobbery kiss on my nose. I cherished the show of love, but wiped of the excess moisture not even thinking that she would be aware of what I was doing. But she did notice. She said, "Don't wipe that kiss off." Then she kissed me again to replace the one that I wiped off. It took all of my self-discipline to not wipe off the drool. It was so gross, but I just laid there with it on my nose and then started to giggle about it. She quickly corrected me on that saying, "Don't laugh about it!"

Before she fell asleep she did an inspection of my face. She touched my teeth where they are crooked in the front and said, "You have pokey teeth." Then she gently touched a healing blemish and asked, "You have an ouchy?"

She is a nurturer. I sometimes call her Mudder (her name for me--mother with a two-year-old accent). The other day she looked at me in confusion and said, "I'm not your mudder."

I really believe that, "... gender is an essential characteristic in our individual premortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose (The Family--A Proclamation to the World)." I look at my little girl and I see a mother. She has developed those attributes already and has come to Earth from the premortal life with them. I hope that in this life she is able to give full expression to the mother that is in her. But, even if she doesn't get to mother her own children, I know that those who cherish motherhood in this life will cherish it in the next.

The Family--A Proclamation to the World
http://lds.org/library/display/0,4945,161-1-11-1,00.html

No comments: