Thursday, November 10, 2011

Everyone Has Discouraging Days

This blog is a convenient way for me to keep a journal. It is a record of motherhood for my daughter, a way for our devoted parents now turned grandparents to stay connected to the joy of their grandchildren, and a way for me to stay connected to God through the process of writing and recording so that in the end I come out seeing life as it really is! This entry is for my daughter. I want her to know that I had discouraging days as a mother too.

I love my husband's mission story of when Elder Anderson visited his mission to speak to the missionaries. At the end of his talk he opened up the time for missionaries to ask him questions. One missionary asked, "How can I be like Paul and the other New Testament missionaries that were so full of faith and never discouraged inspite of really difficult challenges?"

Without skipping a beat, Elder Anderson said something like, "They got discouraged!!! They just didn't write their epistles on those days!"


So, "Da Darling", here is your epistle on one of my discouraging days.

Baby is crying. Don't even have the luxury of wallowing in my self-pity. To be conintued....

No comments: