Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend's Highs and Lows

The high points:

The hike Thanksgiving Day. I love being able to get outside and see the natural world. I don't like being trapped inside all day and feeling like all I did was cook and eat.


The Thanksgving program. I love gathering my family together and singing Thanksgiving songs and sharing what we are thankful for. It doesn't feel like I have celebrated Thanksgiving without doing this.

The LOW point:

I gave W.... a graham cracker that supposedly didn't have any allergens in it. And this is what happened.



He didn't cry and scream like usual. I am guessing that is because this allergy didn't effect his insides. But the swollen ears were particualy unnerving for me. Why the ears? They were swollen at least three times their normal size. I was so disturbed. I'll be calling the Allergist on Monday to discuss what the new allergy might be.

2 comments:

Kristen Crockett said...

We missed you guys! Glad it was (mostly) fun. I'm glad you got out of the kitchen and into the hills. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Jenny M said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving, minus the one part ;) Your family looks so beautiful! Miss you!