Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving





Miss R said she was grateful for Candy and Guy Spream!

My favorite sentence that Mater I wrote in the Thanksgivng journal was, "I am grateful for God and that I get to get baptisd. I am grateful for land and sky and woter. I am thankful for Nacher (spelling not modernized)>"

Mark said he was mostly grateful that he didn't have to repeat the difficult parts of life that are already over. what can we say? Some years are just harder than others. My new joke for him is that I have a 9,9,9 plan to make him happy. I of course use my best Herman Cain voice when I am presenting this plan to Mark. (I guees I should explain to my posterity that Herman Cain was a Republican presidential hopeful that had a 9-9-9 tax plan that he always talked about. Mark and I watch the debates together and so this joke really made him laugh.) The nines in my plan always change, but usually are things like 9 minutes of hickling, 9 loaves of wheat bread, 9 loaves of banana bread, 9 trips to Arches National Park, and the list goes on.

This year I have thought a lot about how I am so grateful for the influence that my dad's conversion and testimony have had on my life. I am grateful first of all that it sustained him and gave him light in very dark times in life. Secondly, I am grateful that this testimony of his, that lit his path in life, gave off enough light to light my path as well so that I could see life as it really is.

No comments: